The Young Leaders Committee is a group formed under the National Association of Japanese Canadians (NAJC).
The Young Leaders Committee is responsible for:
- acting as the national voice of young people in JC communities;
- engaging and connecting young people in JC communities across Canada;
- proposing recommendations to the National Executive Board on programming, events, and annual budget.
Every year (since 2012) the Young Leaders Committee organizes a Japanese Canadian Young Leaders Conference to foster leadership in all Japanese Canadian communities across Canada.
The Japanese Canadians Young Leaders Conference (JCYLC) is a space for Japanese Canadian (JC) young people to remember the past, recognize the present, and reimagine the future of the JC community! By prioritizing dialogue and empowering young people through workshops, heritage tours, panels, and trans-generational discussion, the JCYLC offers a unique opportunity for young Japanese Canadians to develop, inspire, and lead nikkei communities across the country! Register today!
We highly encourage you to contact your local NAJC chapter for sponsorship. Also, subsidies are available. Please email email@example.com for information and to apply (first come, first served).
Who should attend?
• Young Leaders (suggested ages 13 – 39)
• People already involved in the Japanese Canadian Community in their city
• People looking to get involved in the Japanese Canadian Community in their city