The Young Leaders Committee is pleased to announce that the 2017 Japanese Canadian Young Leaders Conference (JCYLC) will take place in the National Capital Region (Ottawa-Gatineau, Ontario and Quebec) on September 22-24, 2017 alongside the National Association of Japanese Canadians (NAJC) Annual General Meeting (22 Sep) & Conference (23-24 Sep) at the Canadian Museum of History. Details on the 2017 Ottawa JCYLC below:
- Agenda: The theme of this year’s conferences is “Japanese Canadians: Past, Present and Future”, and will be a tremendous opportunity to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Canada’s confederation, 140 years of documented Japanese Canadian history, and the 75th anniversary of the incarceration of Japanese Canadians. Young Leaders delegates will participate in all parts of the NAJC’s Conference program, and we will be hosting a panel of young people to discuss the future of the Japanese Canadian community. The weekend will be a great opportunity to network with like-minded young leaders, and we’ll have some great social events planned in Canada’s capital city!
(Note: the full agenda and schedule will be posted in the coming months. Further information about the NAJC Conference will also be forthcoming.)
- Venue: Canadian Museum of History, Gatineau, Quebec (National Capital Region), 100 Laurier St, Gatineau, QC.
- Arrival/Departure: It is suggested that attendees arrive Friday late afternoon/evening and depart Sunday afternoon.
- Registration Cost: Forthcoming (Note: there will be a discounted cost for Young Leaders delegates). There will also be a separate fee for the NAJC’s Banquet, which will be subsidized for Young Leaders.
(Note: Registration will open in the coming months. Further information about the NAJC Conference registration process will also be forthcoming.)
- Subsidies: If you’re concerned about the cost of transpiration and accommodations in Ottawa-Gatineau, subsidies will be available to cover travel and registration costs for a limited number of applicants. Subsidy applications are due Friday, August 11th. Click HERE for information on how to apply for a subsidy.
- Other Sponsorship Opportunities: We strongly encourage you to contact your local NAJC Member Organization for further sponsorship opportunities to attend the conference. Visit out NAJC Contact Page for member organizations’ contact information. If you do not live near a Member Organization, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Sponsor a Young Leader to attend the 2017 JCYLC! More details here.
– – – We look forward to seeing you at JCYLC 2017 in Ottawa! – – –